simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

11.30.2012

the day Canaan and I made pie: a photo essay

The idea of telling a story solely with pictures is intriguing to me. The other day, when Canaan and I made apple pie for thanksgiving, I stood by with a camera and watched him proudly rolling out the dough. He is quite possibly the most adorable three year old I've ever met.
Looking back at this set of pictures, it's incredible to me how much the little details are overlooked in the seemingly mundane processes of the everyday. Little details like the rough grain of wood, the delicate off white color of the crust, or the starry pattern of the flour sprinkled on the breadboard. This set means a lot to me, because it encapsulates a moment that I always want to remember.

Enjoy, and when you look through these, scroll slowly and feel the story behind the photographs.
xo.
. ................ Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket