simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

6.12.2012

the sandhills

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We climbed to the very top of the cliffs of sand, lit a fire, and sang Mumford & Sons to ukuleles and a guitar. A few of the braver ones jumped/rolled/slid/flopped/tumbled down the steep sides, laughing and being deliciously scared and generally having a good time. The light was a photographer's dream, so perfectly golden and glowing that I would have married it if I could. I'm so incredibly grateful for the wonderful people God has blessed me with, friends I can be crazy with, laugh with, and spend some of the best years of my life with. This was just the beginning of the adventures to come this summer, and I can't wait for the ones still to come.
.................
A little more prose-y description--near our friends' house there is a huge wide open space surrounded by tall cliffs made out of sand (it's where the sand trucks go in winter to load up). A group of us walked there Sunday evening after Ema's graduation party (the one with short hair in the first picture), and we had a mini concert up there on the cliffs. Here's a little video of some of us rolling down the sand hills :)