simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

3.22.2012

new and exciting changes

Photobucket

I've been doing a lot of redefining and thinking about this blog lately--where am I headed, what are my goals, what do I want to be? This process has been filled with much soul searching and praying, because I don't want to push my own agenda with this blog--I want this space to be committed to God and be defined by Him and what He has called me too.

I've decided that growing this blog is something I want to pursue more fully, and before I develop a large following, I'm considering a name change. Yes, the name "In Search of Beautiful" accurately defines my purpose for blogging, to delight in the beautiful things of life, especially in the everyday and ordinary. However, I feel like it's a bit lengthy--I'd like something a little more succinct yet all encompassing. What do y'all think? I can't think about this current name objectively any more since I've had it so long--do you like it? Do you think a name change might be a good idea? I'd love to get some input from my readers.
 As you can see, I've redesigned this space in a very simple way--this is just temporary. I wanted something a little more minimalist for this time of simplifying in my life.

Finally, I would really like to get to know you! I believe blogging should be a community, and I want to be more connected to my readers. Feel free to send me an email--I'd love to hear from you!

These are my deep philosophical thoughts for today, and I hope y'all will hang in there for a little while as I go through this process! Early tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a short trip to North + South Carolina, so you may not hear from me for a few days. I'll be back with some more pictures soon!

Much love,
Simi