simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

11.24.2011

thanksgiving

Today, on a day whose original meaning has been substituted for a spirit of merry making and gluttony, I'm learning to be truly thankful. I cannot even take for granted the fact that I have a roof over my head, considering the fact that, if it were not for God's abounding grace, I would not.
 


 As delicious odors begin wafting through this house, busy people rush everywhere, working, cooking, cleaning, arranging. And I'm thankful that we have food to eat. Lovingly, I scan through the many photographs still stored on my camera; pictures of home, pictures of friends. and I'm thankful that I'm blessed with a camera, with eyesight to compose a photograph, and with capable fingers to press the shutter.









   Of all the things I'm thankful for, whether small or large, the one that tops them all is this: I'm thankful to be home. Our family's journey as been a long, hard one as we follow God, walking wherever He led us. He lead us to live down south for a year. now that year is done, and I am back in New England where I belong. Though I most certainly will travel the world, it really is helpful to do it from an established centerpoint. No matter where I go in life, I will always come back to New England, it will always be home.

dear old boats :)
there weren't any swans down south!
dear old bikepath :)

Today, I'm thankful.
xo