simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

11.16.2011

authentic and loving it



Yes, I'm finally doing it.
taken by my sister, Gloria.

Well hello there! I am Simi, a photographer, writer, and a seeker of beauty. but before all those, I'm a daughter of the King. my favorite things are the little moments...the fleeting golden hour, raindrops on my face, relaxing in perfect quietness with a steaming mug of tea. and if you'd care to know more, read on...

>> what's the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you?
hmm....the first thing that comes to mind is strange indeed. Whenever I hear an unbroken noise, like a vacuum cleaner, leaf blower, buzz saw, etc. I always try to find the precise note it's playing, and then I harmonize with it, and compose a little tune. See? I AM strange. But I like it that way :)

>> If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie, or television show, what would it be?
Why, Narnia of course! Actually, I might choose the classic town of Mayberry from the Andy Griffith Show. Oh wait, I'm forgetting Avonlea and Ingleside...but how can you expect me to choose in just a few seconds? I would have to analyze every single movie, book, and show I've watched, make a list of the pros and cons of each, and then  I would decide with a properly informed mind :P

>> Do you like animated movies? If so, what is your favorite?
I hate to admit it, but I've never actually seen an entire animated movie. However, from the parts of them that I have seen, I'm pretty impressed. I still prefer "normal" movies because of the depth of emotion and character present in them, that just can't be found in cartoon creatures. But I'm game for a good, animated-movie laugh anytime.
Tangled!

>> What is your favorite household chore?
Chores and I are not friends. Period.

>> What's your favorite pizza topping?
Wait, I only get one? The best pizzas are the homemade, bubbly ones with lots and lots of yummy things piled atop the crust. For example, pepperoni, olives, ham, cheese (of course!), spinach, sun dried tomatos, veggies from the garden...anything and everything. (I'm not picky.) Oh, and if you've never tried a pesto pizza...well, put it on your bucket list. now.

>> Waffles or pancakes?
Pancakes all the way! Waffles are all well and good, but they can't beat moist, fluffy, blueberry-y, maple syrup drenched pancakes.


>> Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
Norman Rockwell, thank you very much. His work seems to capture the seemingly idyllic life of the mid 1900's. Picasso is just weird. And pointless.

>> What's the last thing you bought?
This pair of silver pumps. I'm in love, and from the comments, apparently everyone else is too :)


>> Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors?
It definitely depends...hardwood is perfect for most rooms, but some carpets, especially the super deep squooshy kind, can be fun. And tile belongs in the bathroom.
Pinned Image
Chevron hard wood floors....the best EVER.

>> What was the last thing that made you laugh?
My little sister was just humming part of a song--and her chair squeaked and it was on the exact note she had just sung! We had a laugh over that :)
Pinned Image
Before that, it was probably I Love Lucy that made me laugh :)

>> Think fast! What's the first song that pops into your head?
Light up the Sky by the Afters.

Well, now you know all my secrets :)
xoxo
Simi