simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

3.06.2011

on a rainy weekend

{Note: I am SOOOOO happy, I finally figured out what was wrong with my pictures being "furry" on blogger. The problem was in the html code (though I'm not exactly sure WHY I the problem isn't automatically fixed.) Inside the URL for the picture, there is a number "s400" and that needs to be changed to s640 (or s800). YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! ok, maybe I overdid it but I had to let that out. }

..................................................................................


On this drizzly and dismal weekend, I looked at the optimistical side of a rainstorm and had a spring photoshoot.
I didn't edit this daffodil photo at ALL!!!! I love it, even straight off the camera.



*sighs* this dainty little rose is sooo perfect against a mottled black and white background. The fresh rain droplets add a little extra dimension to the picture. ( This photo wasn't edited at all either.)


Muted tones + pastels= gorgeous spring expression


Same concept for this picture, muted tones and pastel colors. I didn't realize how much I miss this combination! You'll probably be seeing a lot more of this, now that I've rediscovered it.

i'm sorry, I had to do ONE vintage picture .

............................................................................


On this misty-moisty weekend (when cloudy was the weather) I played frisbee with my crazy and adorable Lab, Jasper. (Or Japsers, Japaroos, Japs, + any number of nicknames.)



He was in act of jumping for the frisbee I was holding.

He's my rambunctious and obnoxious and highly lovable baby :)

..................................................................
Yes, I did do tons of other things this weekend, but I will stop here because (1) my time is up (waaaayyy up), and (2), Joy isn't excited to have pictures of her birthday celebration posted on my blog. ( or anywhere, for that matter.) But there's just one thing I have to say. At church this morning, they rolled in the baptismal to baptize three people (seriously! who would be baptized in a church if they could help it? I was baptized in a lake!). I was holding my little friend Bianca (she's three) on my lap, and she said "Who's going to take a bath?" It was hilarious. You should have been there. :) Don't you love it when little kids say the funniest things on earth? It's better than the best comedian.

I know, carlotta already said she was in love with this "Sweet Dream" wedding, but I am too. You HAVE to check it out: It's so sweet and vintage-y and countryish and simple...awww...I really love the guys outfits. :)

Well, au revoir for now everyone!
~Simi