simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

10.30.2012

restlessness

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketI've come to a strange place in this world called blogging. Over the past couple months, my priorities, goals, and responsibilities in life have drastically changed, and so my focus has been redirected from this blog and to the more tangible aspects of my life. Which is a good thing--I'm glad that I'm not so caught up in the online world as I used to be, but at the same time, that's left me in a place of being not sure where to go next with this.
This is why I've been neglecting blogging for a little while. I'm less concerned about growing my readership and more concerned about cultivating real life relationships with the people God has placed in my life. I've been placing less and less importance on commenting, entering giveaways, and obsessing over the internet lives of people I've never met, while growing to realize how much more important is engaging real people.
All this to say, I don't know. I don't know where this is going next, I don't know what level of priority blogging is going to hold for me in the future. I want to be focused where God wants me to be, and right now that seems to involve a little less blogging and a little more time immersed in real life.

Have you ever come to a similar place? I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you balance blogging and real life.
xo.