simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

5.21.2012

a blank slate

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm in very productive mood this Monday. Maybe it's the result of just knowing that the sooner I finish my work, the faster summer will arrive, or just from the pep talk I gave myself last night (yes, those are necessary now and then.) To be honest, this day of the week is unabashedly my least favorite, and Sunday evenings often find me viewing the next day pessimistically. But after feeling dissatisfied with the amount of school work I accomplished last week, I wrote a "you can do it, shape up and get moving, girl!" letter to myself last night and in the course of doing so, realized something invaluable.


MONDAY IS WHAT I MAKE OF IT.


So many times, I brand this first day of the work/school week as merely "they day with the longest time to wait before it's the weekend again." This cynical view can set the tone for the rest of the week, and I become envious of other people's seemingly better lives. It's a vicious cycle and hard to break out of. But there's just one thing I'm trying not to forget...Monday is only a blank slate. It's a new piece of paper for me to write something beautiful on, it's an opportunity for a fresh start and a time to set new goals.

And so today, I made an intentional effort to work dilligently, be thankful, and make Monday something marvelous. I took a little extra time to just relax (hello drinking sun tea on the back porch!), but also worked extra hard to accomplish a little more than usual. And what was the result? Today was a good day.
xo.