simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

2.05.2012

the very beginnings of spring


In an unusually early display, the very beginnings of spring are peeping out of the ground. Yesterday I saw my very first proof that winter won't stay forever. I saw crocus shoots, buds on branches, and the very start of daffodils.
I can hardly believe that although it's only early February, the green things have already begun growing. Spring is looking around the corner tentatively, not yet sure that it's welcome this early in the year. It's sending forth exploratory sprouts here and there, as if to test the earth to determine if it's ready.
Slowly but surely, spring is making her presence known, and I can't wait for the full blown demonstration.
Have you seen spring yet where you live?
xoxo.