simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

2.17.2012

the red hat // portraits

There's just something irrestible about 1920's bucket hats. Especially when they're made of felt so red that my camera can hardly stand the saturation, and especially when they're only $5 on clearance at Target. And even more especially when they're worn by my model sister Gloria who is at the age that perfectly combines cute and pretty.
.............................................................................
We biked through the streets until we came to an overgrown field cut through the city for power lines, a welcome respite from the interminable grey city. Although we just missed golden hour, I still wanted to take a few pictures, so she smiled and posed for me in the cold blue light. Shivering but nonetheless satisfied, we pedaled home as fast as possible. Collapsing on the warm leather couch, she and I reviewed the pictures, happy for a little bit of sister time together.