simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

1.07.2012

something good in every day

"carpe diem"
I think about these words often. Lately they've been swirling through my thoughts like snow in the wind as I ponder the occurrences of each day. Some days overflow with happiness, accomplishment, and smiles, while others seem dreary, listless, and unprofitable. Too often I let daily events determine my outlook on life, rather than allowing my perspective to originate from faith in the Solid Rock. Honestly, if I let every little thing sway my emotions, my life would be a veritable mental rollercoaster of elation and misery.

6/366




guys, if I opened an Etsy shop where I embroidered whimsy like this, do you think people would buy these?
"And we know that all things
work together for good to
 those who love God and are
 called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
This verse has helped me through a lot in the past few weeks. It holds a powerful promise that ALL things, not just some, will work for good, to serve His purpose. That's where the phrase "There's something good in every day." comes in. Rather than letting the less favorable daily happenings pull me into despondency, I've been trying to focus on the little, good things of each day. Often, those appear as seemingly insignificant---a good laugh with my family, an encouraging Bible verse I read, or a letter from a friend. By keeping this perspective, I'm truly seizing the day.


7/366

"Carpe Diem" is what one must do when life is good, and even more so when things are tough. The joy of the Lord is most important when one doesn't feel like being joyful. That's living out "Carpe Diem."
>> via