simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

1.01.2012

a new year

I'm going to love putting down 12 instead of 11 when I write the date.
I can't wait to see what the New Year will bring, y'all. 2011 has been...bittersweet. While I have discovered new beauty and new relationships, I've also had to overcome many hardships. I can't say I'm that sorry to see it go... and now I'm filled with excitement for 2012. Hannah at Aspire said it so perfectly:

"I'm so excited for 2012. While 2011 rocked me to the core, 2012 is a year full of promises. Of growing and blooming. 2011 was a year of budding, and 2012 one of blossom. "
1/365. Cheers to new beginnings!
Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen in the next 364 days, but I know it will be good. One thing I do know, I'm embarking on a deliciously exciting 365 project...hopefully I'll be able to keep it up! I've seen too many projects such as these that last through the summer, and then slowly fade out as school and other activities take higher priority.
      I confess, I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions. I devise mine in the springtime, when the world is fresh and new, beginning again. But that's another story. At the beginning of the year, I have goals and accomplishments I hope to achieve. In 2012, I want to focus on becoming the young woman God has called me to be, not so caught up with petty, earthly things. My one word for 2012 is "dream", thus the name of my 365 project. For me, "dream" entails looking forward to the future, and basing my life around how what I do now can ready me what's coming. By living for the future, I'm making sure that what I'm doing in the present actually counts.
I am ready, I'm excited, I can't wait.
Happy 2012 everyone!
xo
p.s. Giveaway winners will be announced shortly, as soon as I finalize some details with the sponsors. Thank you for your patience.