simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

4.02.2011

Liquid Sunshine

Liquid Sunshine @ HorseFeathers


Hey everyone---have you participated in Olivia's Liquid Sunshine blog party, yet? Here's my entry:

Favorite season, and why?
Spring, totally. It's such a warm, welcome break from dreary winter, with it's precocious color bursts of pale green and bright pinks. The air smells deliciously sweet, and I love splashing around in April's puddles.

How would you describe your personal style? 
Retromodernistic. yes. Definition: A combination of vintage (anything before 80's, like 50's/60's) and modern styles. Complete vintage is a little overdoing it, as is all-the-way-modern. I like to mix vintage pieces with modern pieces for my retromodernistic-ness.

What's one weird thing you can do? (The stranger the better!)
Curl my tongue into an "S". Both ways. 'nuff said.
Rain or shine?Umm, both. Yup--I LOVE the beautiful sunshine, but the pitter-patter of raindrops on the roof at night is my favorite lullaby, and the feeling of rain on my face as I splash through puddles cannot be equalled. In pretty much every aspect of my life I enjoy a mix of things, rather than just one strict "favorite."

Confession time... what's a flaw of yours?
Oh, probably not having enough gumption. I love having friends, but I can't usually muster the strength to introduce myself. When I'm with people I already know, I could keep up an interesting conversation for literally hours without trying, but with new people, it's like "WhatdoIsayWhatdoIsayWhatdoIsay????" My mind just goes blank.

Favorite music?
A huge, vast, and crazily varied mix. I like a bit of rap now and then, a little country (love this song), some modern pop, a leeeetle bit of 60's/70's music, and also christian pop, classical, and Gaelic/Enya-ish/Celtic music. Certain, ahem, restrictions have made listening to certain of these styles hard, but that doesn't change my liking them or not.

Have you ever made a decision you instantly regretted? What was it?
Of course!!!! Like cutting my own bangs.....when I was 8.
Who do you admire/look up to?
I admire LOTS of people, but Leslie Ludy is a continual source of encouragement and inspiration for me. Her faith in Jesus is strong, and unlike most "Christians", she has devoted her entire self to him.

You've just won an unlimited lifetime supply of... what?
Okay, in a way to encompass everything, I'd say I'd win an endless supply of gift-cards. That way I could buy unlimited fashion, makeup, shoes, food (yes, I'm an incurable foodie.) electronics, music, gadgets, home decor....and the list goes on.

If you were an animal, what would you be?
That's hard...probably an eagle. I'd love to soar above the earth, without a care in the world.

The Eagle by Alred Tennyson
He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world, he stands.
The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you do with your time
Well, I know that eternity is the only thing that truly matters, and while it would be tempting to squander away my last year on things and travel and whatnot, I think I would devote myself to the Lord, storing up heavenly treasure, the only treasure that lasts.

You're now a gazillionaire... where do you go to spend your money?
Everywhere! Why limit it to a couple of places? But I would love to have a billion dollars to spend on Etsy and Anthropologie.

Classical music: love it or hate it?
Love...some of it. I really like the sweet, short, and fast violin pieces by the likes of Pablo Sarasate, but there are some pieces that are just so....ugh. Classical music helps me study better too.

Phobias?
Yes, not exactly a phobia, but it's so stupid I'm not going to say. *wink*
Hop on a plane and go live somewhere for a year... where is it, and why?
ParisParisParisParis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Extrovert. Definitely. Positively. Can I give you a hug?

Would you/do you perform on stage?
*pouts* no. I'd love too, but I don't think I could...maybe with a little training, though.