simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

8.28.2012

little glimpses

To be honest with you, life is hard right now. It's been one of those months, you know? Sometimes I feel like giving up, or being magically whisked away to some fairy land where life is perfect and no problems exist. A few weeks ago, I saw this quote on tumblr:

Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all, or by having everything happen all at once.
-Paulo Coelho

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh, how true that is. My life is a strange mix of both right now. But today? Today was somehow different. Normal and sighing until the afternoon when I met a little glimpse of perfection in the field. After spending time curled up with a magazine in the library, I walked outside and ran down the expansive lawn that rolled away from the ancient building. Under a gnarled apple tree, I spread my tribal scarf-that-doubles-as-a-blanket, kicked off my flip flops, lay down, and began reading a novel. All of a sudden, the perfection of right now hit me like a wave, and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.
The almost-autumn air smelled sweet with cut grass and changing seasons, the perfectly ripply breeze spread over my skin like a welcome blanket, and even the cars snaking by on the road below the hill seemed just a part of the beautiful scene. It was one of those moments that suddenly flood life with beauty, leaving you gasping and happy to be alive. It was one of those times when the perfection of a second seems to blot out troubles that were previously thought to be insurmountable. It was a wink from the day, as if it were trying to say, "There's still so much beauty to experience, stay strong and don't give up." 
It's little glimpses like these that make life worthwhile. 
xo.
p.s. Guys, I know the buttons at the top of my blog don't work, and I'm going to fix it as soon as I possibly can. But at the moment my laptop is broken, and I have no access to my design program. Thanks for understanding :)