simplicity        elsewhere        favorites        contact

8.22.2011

Synonyms for Said

There are many perfectly good words that turn into clichés because they are so overused. Said, for instance. Not only very overused, but also painfully undescriptive. How about...murmured, whispered, cackled, muttered, roared, bellowed, or exclaimed?
   Seriously people..enough of awesome and amazing. And I'm talking to myself here--I use those two infamous, umm, descriptions, far to often. I was pondering word-overuse in my head the other day, and was surprised to find that I actually couldn't think of many words to substitute for awesome! Limiting yourself atrophies your creativity...so, lets think of some less used words I can say...
Stunning.
Delightful!

Striking.

mesmerizing.

beautiful.

charming.
Captivating.
amusing.

enchanting. Well, maybe not exactly but it still like that word :)
intriguing.
impressive.
fascinating. :)
Thank you to Gloria for all these wonderful photos of me and Bravado (he's actually a wuss and a weenie but that's another story!) And thank you thesaurus for helping me think of words. :)

xoxo,
Simi